How To Get The Best Out Of Your Recruitment Agency
Research has shown that nearly three quarters of employers struggle to find the right recruitment agency. Some even find themselves abandoning the idea, preferring to advertise and deal with applications directly. However, with the high numbers of applications per position this can be a huge task for a company to take on all on their own.
As an employer, it is worth considering some of the great benefits you can get out of a great recruitment agency. These include:
• Access to a much wider network of candidates
• You don’t have to fork out for the cost of direct advertising
• They will do a lot of the leg-work for you by screening applicants and only putting forward those who meet the requirements of the job, some will even pre-interview candidates for you!
• The vacancy will be seen by more people as many recruitment agencies subscribe to online job boards
• They will act as the middle man between you and the candidate, constantly keeping them updated with the selection process
However, not all agencies are the same and it is important to choose the right one for your company. Here are a few pointers to ensure you get the most out of your relationship with your recruitment agency:
• Remember your recruitment consultant is not a mind reader. You need to give them something to work with. The job description and person specification is as much for the candidates as the agencies, so make sure that you spend some time on this otherwise you may end up with a load of candidates that simply aren’t suitable.
• The personal touch is important. Your recruitment consultant is effectively selling you and your company to prospective candidates, so why not get them into the office to meet the team and really get a feel for what it is like to work for your company. Remember that face to face interaction often works better than over the phone in this situation.
• Give feedback. Everyone needs to know if they are doing a good job or not, so let your recruitment consultant know! If they don’t know what they are doing wrong they can’t fix it, so if you’ve got a problem speak up!
• Listen. As well as giving the agency feedback, it is also important to listen to what they have to say. These people understand the marketplace better than most, so if you’re not getting the results you expected then see if your consultant has any ideas that could improve the situation. You may need to rethink things like the salary on offer in order to get a better response.
We hope you enjoyed our article please call us on 0345 4599710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org where we will be happy to support you.