Figures from the CIPD Annual Survey Report 2009 suggest that the average absence was 9.7 days per annum in the Public Sector and 6.4 days per annum in the private sector. Do you know what the absence level is in your organisation?
In essence, absence is a problem for all employers, large or small and can vary between different sectors.
The following are the key steps that People Vision HR would carry out if absence was an issue within your team or organisation:
- Ensure management commitment
- Learn how absence affects profits
- Examine how absence affects different parts of the workforce
- Identify priority areas and targets for improvement
- Assess causes of employee absence in your organisation
- Develop an absence policy and procedure to ensure prevention of future absence such as return to work interviews
- Develop positive initiatives
Benefits of Effective Absence Management
- Fewer absences means increased efficiency for the individual and those around them
- Improvements to the lives of:
a) The absentee
b) Those that cover them.
- Greater likelihood of the organisation to achieve its corporate objectives
People Vision HR are here to help so please call us on 0845 4599710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need advice, training or support on Absence Management.